Field Recordings Franc Cabernet Franc 2021, Paso Robles, California

Winemaker Andrew Jones has a keen eye for diamonds in the rough: sites that are unknown or under-appreciated but hold enormous untapped potential. He strives for unique wines loaded with personality and a one-of-a-kind experience. 100% Cabernet Franc. “We chose Cabernet Franc grapes from three different vineyards across Paso Robles. Each lot was fermented 50% whole cluster in 1 ton open-top fermenters. Length of fermentation varied between 10 days and 2 weeks before pressing off. We aged 80% of this vintage in seasoned, large format American Oak Foeders ranging from 1,200 to 1,500 gallons. The remaining 20% was aged in 225L neutral French oak barrels. Tasting notes: A rustic punch of blueberries, black cherries, and red currants with a touch of mint and rosemary.” – winery