Tamarack Cellars Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Reserve 2012, Red Mountain, Washington

Founded in 1998 by Ron and Jamie Coleman, Tamarack Cellars is dedicated to the production of small lot, hand-crafted wines from select vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley, Rattle Snake Hills, Horse Heaven Hills, Wahluke Slope, Yakima Valley, Red Mountain and Columbia Valley appellations. The winery is located in a restored WW II fire station and barracks at the Walla Walla Airport complex. 2012 vintage Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Reserve is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc from grapes grown in this revered Red Mountain vineyard. The grapes were crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 72 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand punched and pressed directly to barrel where the wine finished both primary and secondary fermentations. The wine spent 22 months on 75% new French oak with the remaining 25% second vintage French oak. “Dark and chocolatey, spiced with pretty notes of allspice and clove, this wine is round and rich, bursting with ripe berries, combined with an earthy complexity and a velvety finish.” – From the Winery

$49.99