Powers Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2018, Champoux Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills, Washington

2018 vintage – 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot from Champoux vineyard. ” We used the pump-under fermentation process with PDM yeast to enhance the nice richness you would expect from Champoux Vineyard. The wine was then aged for 32 months in 19% new French Oak barrels, and the rest in 81% neutral French Oak Barrels.” Tasting notes: Powerful layered aromatics of wild red currant, dusty red fruits, and cedar with hints of toffee, cassis, and warm Tabaco. This intriguing nose is followed by dense and savory flavors of black currant and blackberry with touches of cocoa, black pepper, and dried plum lingering on this complex palate. Firm, dusty, and lush tannins are accented by hints of oak and balanced acidity on the finish. As is typical of Champoux Vineyard, this is a very elegant, yet intense Cabernet Sauvignon that will cellar for many years. Vineyards: 85% Champoux Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, 15% Champoux Vineyard Merlot, Horse Heaven Hills.