Powers Champoux Reserve 2014, Horse Heaven Hills, Washington

Exquisite layered aromatics of black cherry, black currant and licorice, with a hint of thyme and warm earth tones lead to dense savory flavors of black currant, blackberry, freshly picked sage, mint, and huckleberry that linger forever on this complex palate. Firm, dusty, lush tannins are balanced by a nice touch of oak, acidity, and earthiness on the finish. As is typical of Champoux Vineyard, this is a very elegant but powerful Red Blend that will cellar for quite a long time. Blend: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 15% Malbec, 7% Cabernet Franc, & 3% Petite Verdot 100% Champoux Vineyard Fruit. Winemaking: All lots were haverst from early September to early November with all varietals coming into the winery with near perfect acididty and fruit flavors. We used the pump-under fermentation process with PDM yeast to enhance the nice rich flavors you would expect from Champoux Vineyard. The wine was then aged for 36 months in 58% new French Oak barrels with the other 42% in neutral 3rd fill French Oak Barrels.

$49.99