Chateau Tour Saint-Fort Saint-Estèphe 2016, Bordeaux, France

This 14 hectare complex is located in Saint-Estèphe in a place called Laujac. Destroyed almost entirely during the Second World War, this property was restored when Jean-Louis Laffort arrived in 1992. In 2016 the property was revitalized and renovated. The soil of the 14 hectares Château Tour Saint-Fort is made up of 80% so-called Saint-Estephe limestone, characteristics of the appellation. These soils are endowed with fossils of more than 40 million years. The remaining 20% are gravelly soils located in several terroirs of the municipality. Grape varieties are, on average, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Black Merlot and 12% Petit Verdot, which allows for subtle combinations. The vines have an average age of 50 years (with some centenarian plots). 2010 vintage – Color: dark, garnet ruby, deep hue. Nose: complex and sweet with a touch of cinnamon / cocoa powder. Palate: round attack, attractive, with ripe and ripe tannins. Finish: long and persistent that reveals a reglissée flavor. Good aging potential.