Château La Croix St. Georges 2016, Pomerol

Located on the Pomerol plateau, the vineyards of Château La Croix St. Georges are planted next to some very famous neighbors on the Pomerol plateau. La Croix St. Georges is only one row of vines away from Le Pin and they are very close to Vieux Château Certan as well. Château La Croix St. Georges was purchased by the Janoueix family during the depression in 1932. The modern era of Château La Croix St. Georges begins in 1999, when the young, Jean Philippe Janoueix began managing the Pomerol estate. The 4.2 hectare Pomerol vineyard of Château La Croix St. Georges has a clay and gravel terroir. The Right Bank vineyard is planted to close to 95% Merlot. This allows the vines to develop unique aromatic and textural qualities. The remaining 5% of the Château La Croix St. Georges vineyard is planted to Cabernet Franc. On average, the vines are 38 years of age. Blending 86% Merlot and 14% Cabernet Franc, the wine reached 13.6% alcohol. The yields were 30 hectoliters per hectare. The wine is aged in 60% new French oak.

$109.99