Bench Pinot Noir 2018, Sonoma Coast, California

Sourced primarily from the cool climate Sangiacomo Amaral Ranch Vineyard, situated North of San Pablo Bay. A small amount of the Russian River Valley Vines and Roses Estate Vineyard was blended with this wine for additional depth, structure and complexity. Fermentation – 70% of the fruit was de-stemmed and moved by gravity to open top fermenters. The remaining 30% was left whole cluster and added to the top of the de-stemmed fruit. The tank was chilled to 50F for a nice, long cold soak to increase enzymatic extraction then allowed to warm on its own. The fermentation was indigenous as was malolactic. The tank was pressed off just before dryness to preserve fruit and minimize harsh alcoholic extraction; the wine was transferred immediately to barrel without settling for added mouthfeel and complexity. From the winery: “Bright ruby color, this wine offers intense floral and raspberry aromas. In the mouth the wine has a good intensity with darker earth flavors and bright raspberry fruit. Fine tannins add structure and balance to a long finish.”

$20.99