Barrique Pinot Noir 2017, Sonoma County, California

$18.99

Barrique Pinot Noir 2017, Sonoma County, California

SKU: c846a60bea38 Categories: ,

Product Description

Bench wines are sourced from benchland vineyards where the valley floor transitions to steep, rocky soils, ideal for producing wines with exceptional structure and character. 70% of the fruit was destemmed and moved by gravity to open-top fermenters. The remaining 30% was left whole cluster and added to the top of the destemmed fruit. The tank was chilled to 50F for a nice long cold soak to increase enzymatic extraction, then allowed to warm. The tank was pressed off just prior to dryness to preserve fruit and minimize harsh alcoholic extraction. Aged for 12 months in 100% French oak barrels, 30% new. Dark ruby red. Notes: Deep, vivid plum red in color with high notes of rose, black cherry and a hint of hibiscus on the nose. The palate is broad and structured with generous cherry fruit. The finish is reminiscent of violets complemented by a touch of vanilla and espresso.

Additional Information

Principal Grape